With only a few days left before the inauguration, a report said the bounty for President-elect Rodrigo Duterte and incoming Philippine National Police (PNP) head, Chief Supt. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa, has been raised to P1 billion.
Quoting a report on Philippine Daily Inquirer, “24 Oras” on Monday said the 20 biggest drug lords in New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa gave P50 million each to have Duterte and Dela Rosa killed.
Dela Rosa said Duterte just laughed at the report. He added that such reports cannot deter him.
“Hindi na nila ako kailangan takutin dahil matagal nang naubos ang takot ko. Wala na akong takot na naiwan. Ang naiwan nalang sa akin, tapang,” he said.
The first bounty for both Duterte and Dela Rosa was reported at P50 million. The incoming PNP chief previously declined to confirm reports that a drug lord named Peter Co, who is at the NBP offered the P50-million reward.
The bounty for killing Duterte and Dela Rosa started with P10 million and was raised last week to P50 million.
Duterte, during the campaign season, promised to reduce illegal drugs in the country within three to six months.
Read Previous Report: Drug lord nag-alok ng P10M Pabuya sa papatay kina Digong at Dela Rosa
source: gma news